Saturday, May 24, 2008

Six Months Ago...

Yesterday (Friday) was a big day at the Ott house. Someone turned six months old, a fact that her parents find stunning. Six months ago, an 8 pounds 4 ounces, 21 inch long baby was popping out of the oven. Today, that same little girl is now 20 and-a-half pounds and just over 27 inches long. Crazy! Six months ago today, Sarah Rose had her first visitors at the hospital—Lt Stanforth and his baby girl Ella. Today, Sarah has visited tons of people, from California to Colorado and will soon be making trips this summer to Tennessee, Georgia, Kentucky, Michigan, Colorado and Texas.

Six months ago Sarah didn’t do much other than drink momma’s milk and sleep. Today, she can:

1. roll over both ways

2. scrunch her way across the floor like a worm

3. once assisted to the sit-up position, remain there for quite some time

4. eat rice cereal, oatmeal, peas and carrots

5. smile, laugh, scream, babble and sing

6. grasp on to things tightly, like daddy’s glasses or the doggie’s ears

7. direct a cup or a spoon to her mouth without any assistance

Clearly, Miss Sarah has accomplished more than I have in the last six months. To celebrate, we introduced her to a new food yesterday. I think that she’s going to end up liking carrots as much as she does peas. Here is a photo of her taking her first bite. As you can tell, she wasn’t quite sure what to make of carrots at first, but she quickly started slurping them down!

In other, not-so-big news, I finally had my MRI done on my left knee and leg. I never knew MRI machines were so loud or made such a variety of noises. Now I have to wait until Wednesday to find out the results. In the meantime, I joined the staff for a lovely run up Laguna Peak yesterday afternoon. Yesterday was quite grey, with scattered rain drops and a light wind, so the run up was quite pleasant.

1 comment:

Meli said...

well thanks for the reminder that I am halfway to another year older there chaps!

on a lighter note I seem to have a lot in common with your sweet little babe, although sometimes I have trouble with the rolling over to the right part. I just can't get the hang of it some mornings...