I’m sorry that I haven’t posted in a few days. I’ve been staying busy at home after work as someone has been a little clingy-monster requiring my undivided attention. Well, ok, she really requires mommy’s undivided attention as nearly every time I hold Sarah she starts to bawl her little eyes out as if I am some goon out to get her. That said, today Sarah discovered laughter. Now, she has laughed before, but it has always been a one-off thing, not something she’s done regularly. Today, when she discovered that mommy had the hiccups, Sarah began to laugh hysterically. Later this evening, as the theme song for I Dream of Jeannie played over our TV, Sarah cracked up when I started to make her “dance.”
I’ve been kind of down the past few days, maybe because of my leg, but having a daughter who loves life and who finds joy in hiccups or silly dance moves makes getting older worth it. Yes, there is a growth on my leg near the knee (a result of synovitis) and mild chondromalacia of the patella. Yes, that growth may be the beginning of arthritis and probably will require surgery. Yes, I may have to cut back on my running, but I have a beautiful wife and a baby who loves me and all is right with the world.
1 comment:
Ah Peter, good to see that Sarah is laughing on her own at random things. Bummer to hear about the leg, I can write you some desert Man-boy poetry if that'll cheer you up... Isn't it part of all that is good in the world? Or would you rather a poem about a crucifix? The choice is yours.
Post a Comment