Tuesday, May 20, 2008

One Smoking Baby!

Well, the last two days have confirmed it: Miss Sarah Rose is rolled as fine as any Cuban cigar. That is to say, she can now flip from belly to back as well as she can from back to belly. Soon she will be rolling all over the place! Hopefully this new found skill will take her attention off of her sore gums. Sarah has been a fussy baby of late and has demanded to be held, as if we should feel any sympathy for her as she teethes. At least she doesn’t have two rows of teeth like I did!

In other news, my sister Naomi has just purchased a Nintendo Wii. Now I wish I could make the trip out to Texas later this year to see her. I’d love to sit and watch Sarah play on the Wii. I’m sure she can’t be any worse than I am at the whole hand-eye coordination thing. Alas, I will be on deployment, doing my duties so that the missus and child can have a grand time traipsing about the country…

Let’s see, what else is going on here? After a brief respite from my teams always losing, it appears that they are headed back to the cellar, though Verlander did pick up a win today for the Tigers. Even the Rockies lost today, killing my XM radio streak. The past three nights, Melissa has made me turn the sound down on the Rockies so that we can watch I Dream of Jeannie together. In each game, the Rockies were down when I killed the volume but ahead by the time I was able to resume listening. So, tonight I did the same thing—turned the volume down and hoped for the Rockies to pull ahead. Alas, they lost 6-5. Oh well.

And that, my fine-feathered friends is about all the news you are going to get out of me today. I really don’t lead a very exciting life…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So your baby is ahead of mine in teething...we just noticed today that Jane is getting her first tooth...at nearly 9 months old. We can't actually see the tooth yet, but if I stick my finger in her mouth, it's definitely there!