Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Preacher’s Kid Goes Bad! Strange Boy Found Sleeping in Sarah’s Room!

Ok, so the headline is a bit dramatic. Nonetheless, a strange boy was sleeping in Sarah’s room last night. Even more shocking—her parents didn’t mind! You see, the boy in question was one Drew Olsen, the almost-one-year-old son of our neighbors. His dad is a fellow Lieutenant in the battalion and is transferring this week to Little Creek, VA where he will be an admiral’s aide. As a farewell to them, Melissa and I invited them over for dinner. After dinner, which was quite scrumptious, but before dessert, Drew headed off to bed in the pack-and-play set up in baby Sarah’s room (she was already soundly asleep).

As for the dinner…mmmmmmm! Melissa is such a wonderful cook. We had crunchy almond and paprika crusted chicken, with steamed white rice, green beans sautéed in butter with onions and coconut mixed and Sri Lankan fry bread. For dessert I made dark chocolate molten lava cakes which we served garnished with cinnamon, vanilla bean ice cream and chocolate syrup. Needless to say, we were all fat by the end of the meal, a shame since I lost 7 pounds on our field exercise and have resolved to keep it off. At any rate, photos of the dinner and our friends follow below…







1 comment:

volksbloggin said...

Peter, I'm drooling on my computer keys. That food looks so good. I need to stop typing and go get a bite to eat now.