Thursday, March 06, 2008

Sarah, the Key Thief

Big news from the home front today: Sarah Rose has quite the grip! When I cam home from work, instead of throwing my keys in my cover (hat) on my dresser I tossed them on the bed. Then, Melissa brought the baby in to me and put her on the bed while I changed and got ready to go on a walk. Sarah promptly reached over and grabbed a hold of my keys and proceeded to try and eat them. I decided to challenge her hand-eye coordination further by giving her a pen, making sure that she grasped it at one end. I enjoyed watching her try to maneuver the pen in an effort to put it in her mouth. She kept missing and poking herself in the cheeks! I am super excited that Sarah is strengthening her grip and ability to move things around with her hands. Soon she’ll have better hand-eye coordination than her father (which isn’t saying much).

As for me, another quiet, boring day at work . . . thankfully tomorrow is our last day of class. Next Monday I’ll actually be able to get back in the office and take care of some projects and people that are piling up outside my door. Today we learned all about convoys, had a brief overview of all the new communications gear the Seabees are getting and played around with land navigation in the afternoon (my strongest subject). Nothing terribly exciting, huh? However, I did meet with two fellow officers for prayer and a devotional over lunch, a Thursday “tradition” as of last week. I’m hoping our little group will grow to include about a half-dozen regulars among the javascript:void(0)
Publish Postjunior officers.

Well, that’s it from me. It’s after nine, which means it is past my bed time (pathetic, I know). Cheers!

No comments: