Saturday, March 08, 2008

Glasses Killer

Today baby Sarah has acquired a new title: Glasses Killer. I was playing with her this morning, snuggling my face next to hers when she grabbed my glasses and then dropped them on the floor. When I picked them up, I noticed that one of the temples had bent under the main frame, and, when I tried to straighten it out. . . well, let’s just say that my beloved, beat up, owned-for-ten-years, glasses with scratched lenses are no more. Sad to say, but true! Unfortunately, the pair of glasses I got from the Navy last year don’t fit well at all. The frame style is different from the one I ordered, so someone made a mistake somewhere. The glasses are too narrow for my face and the temples curl around (and dig into) my ears. As a result, I have to wear them perched up on my face at an angle. Fortunately, I have a new pair of Navy glasses that should be coming in this week. Melissa made me get a pair of frames that isn’t so big and round—I guess she’s tired of looking at a dork! I’ve also put in for the eye surgery, so we’ll see if that happens before we leave on deployment.

In other news, Sarah Rose attended her first birthday party today. The base chaplain’s youngest daughter turned three, so off to the Busy Bee Park we went! We took some cool photos of Sarah in a party hat, and Sarah riding the swings with daddy for the very first time, but when I went to download them, they’d disappeared off the camera (as had a bunch of other photos I’d already downloaded. Odd thing is, not all photos were deleted. Weird, huh?) I’ve already made mommy promise to let us stop by the park on the way home from church today so we can take some more swing photos.

Well, that’s about it from the Ott house for today. I need to get to bed early to make up for the hour of sleep I’ll lose tonight springing forward…

1 comment:

Melia said...

Yes, kids and glasses don't agree. Asher's 2 now and when he points out my eye for me, he either sticks his finger IN my eye (if I had the foresight...haha, no pun intended!...to take my glasses off) or he leaves a little fingerprint right in the middle of my lens. About a year ago I was going to have eye surgery, but alas my corneas are too thin. Apparently they didn't want to thin them more, resulting in them continuing to thin on their own, losing me my eyesight. Sigh.