Today marks the third day in a row that I’ve worked past quitting time (1600). I keep telling Melissa that I’ll be coming home on time so that we can go grocery shopping together before heading out on our afternoon walk with the baby and the dog. Today, I found myself roped into staying late to help out with some public affairs stuff related to our battalion’s upcoming change-of-command, despite the fact that I officially turned over the PAO job some three weeks ago. So it goes, so it goes…
The big news for today came in the form of a little black case. I received my new pair of glasses, courtesy of your tax dollars. Now, for those of you who think ‘military’ and ‘glasses’ and have an image of those horrible large, brown plastic frames, I can assure you that mine are small, sleek and silver. I picked them out because I knew that Melissa was tired of my old glasses which are nice and round and thick. She swears up-and-down that these new lenses are sexy and make me look much younger than my old frames. However, I must confess that I was attached to my old face. After wearing the same style of glasses for the past 13-14 years, I’m not sure who that is staring back at me from the bathroom mirror...
Well, that’s the exciting news for today! For those of you who thought a military chaplain’s life is never boring, I think I’ve just proven you wrong…
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
1600 is quiting time, what a loser. The official quiting time for us was 1700, 'joe' could leave earlier but it was expected of the officers to say till around 1800 and they made you feel guilty if you left at 1700
Michael
Post a Comment