A quick Monday evening post because this boy is tired! Nothing eventful happened to me today anyway, well, until this evening…
Melissa ordered a tub of pre-mixed cookie dough from some school kid making the rounds a few weeks back. Well, after a scrumptious meal of grilled burgers with tomatoes, lettuce and avocados, she decided to sneak a spoonful of the dough. I caught her and decided to do the same. Only, I had the bright idea to “cook” mine in the microwave because I wanted my cookie to be a little warm and gooey. Well, since the tub said to bake in the oven for fifteen minutes, I thought I’d microwave it for five. But then I thought that that might be a bit excessive, so I plopped it in for three measly minutes. Needless to say, after a minute and fifty-two seconds of cooking, my lovely cookie dough was a hardened black blob on the plate and smoke was billowing out of the microwave. Now, mind you, the smell was nice, but not as nice as the time that my college roommate Zach (bless his heart) decided to cook microwavable pork rinds in our little dorm room. There’s a smell I’ll never forget! At any rate, I smoked up the house this evening and now Melissa has banned me from ever getting near the cookie dough tub again. I suppose that’s a good thing since both of us are trying to semi-diet…
Moving on to photos…you’ll be happy to know that the park photos mysteriously appeared again on my camera’s memory card, so I have included for your viewing pleasure today two photos of Sarah Rose at the birthday party we attended on Saturday and one from our visit to the park on Sunday.
Have a blessed day!
No comments:
Post a Comment