Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Snow and Swearing In


As the snow continues to swirl about the apartment, neatly gathering into drifts below, I figured that I should probably finally get around to updating my blog...

Yes, it has been snowing since last night. This morning when I woke up I had about an inch of the fluffy stuff on my car. I noticed that the snow had turned to sleet/freezing rain so I got up to brush off the snow on my car, lest it freeze to my car. Sadly, when I returned 20 minutes later after breakfast, I had a nice layer of ice to scrape off–oh well!

I took a long lunch break at work today to have lunch with Pastor Mark from my old home church here in Fort Collins. We had a good time discussing the joys of being a pastor.

After work, I hurried home to pick up Melissa so we could head to my parents for dinner. We had homemade carnitas. Yum! Then Melissa and I went to help my Dad with AWANAS. We have a lot of fun with the kids (K-2nd grade). Some of them are so adorable! Of course, we get to send them home with their parents after two hours which is always nice.

Anyway, that’s the extent of my boring day. I could tell you about my even more boring day yesterday, but I’ll spare you the details. Let’s just say that driving to Canon City and back is always loads of fun (especially when I’m getting paid to do it).

So, perhaps I ought to fill you all in on my current military status. As of this past Friday afternoon, I assumed the title of Chaplain, United States Navy. I signed my life away to the federal government with my wife, my parents, my grandparents and my great-grandmother all witnesses to the event. I’ve included pictures of myself with my family and signing the paperwork...

Today I received an e-mailer from the order writer (Chief Sharp). He told me that my orders should be cut in a week. My guess is that they are going through the chop chain right now. I can hardly wait to find out where Melissa and I will be headed. Mom and Melissa really hope we get stationed in Rota, Spain. I hope we get stationed in Antarctica. Ok, so I know that the Navy doesn’t have a chaplain stationed there, but I am worried about the spiritual welfare of the penguins...

Hmm...I’m starting to fade fast. It must be bedtime! We’ll see how much snow is on the ground when I awake tomorrow!
Cheers,
Peter

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, where are the pictures?

Naomi said...

I second that comment! At least Mom was actually there to see the event.