Note: I managed to finally upload pictures to my Snow and Swearing In post (from earlier this week).
You know, weekends are meant for chores. I should really do the laundry, clean up the apartment, help Melissa with the dishes, etc. Oh, I know, weekends are for rest, too. That’s what we have Sundays for, but how do I spend my Saturday? Slacking off, that’s how! Oh well, I guess tomorrow’s another day...
Now, lest you think ill of me, I did get up at 7:00 this morning to make sure that Melissa was out of bed. Sadly, being a morning person, I rarely can fall back asleep once I’m awake. So, while Melissa got ready to go help my Mom get ready for our reception, I read in bed and perused the internet. When I finally managed to crawl out of bed, I ate breakfast and joined Melissa and my parents at the church.
Together, along with help from the Crane family, we got the lounge set up and the food prepared in preparation for the reception. In case you are wondering, the reception was for Melissa and me, a chance for the people here in Fort Collins to belatedly participate in the celebration of our wedding (which took place in California). We had scones and lots of finger sandwiches to eat along with homemade mints and a humongous cake. Scrumptious!
The reception itself was from 1:00-4:00 this afternoon. The usual crowd showed up, mostly friends of my parents who have kids my age. All in all, we had a good time blabbering away to each other.
Afterward, Melissa and I came back here to the apartment to crash. As it was five, we thought it too late to take a nap, so we played six games of Yahtzee. We’ve now played 12 games head-to-head since our marriage. I’m 3-9 against Melissa (going 1-5 today) and down 2660-3233 in overall points to her. Sadly, Melissa beats me in most games that we play. (Yes, Tim and Regina, this includes Rumikub.)
After Yahtzee, we had chicken noodle soup and grilled sandwiches for dinner. A few episodes of the Simpsons later and here I am, writing this blog.
So there you have it folks: my day in a nutshell. Now I should probably get off my duff and
pretend to clean something in the apartment. Or maybe I should just go to bed. Hmm, I vote for the latter...
Grace and Peace,
Peter
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Did you get the sweater in Rhode Island?
Post a Comment