One more day closer to the weekend! It was a quiet day at work today as half our department (2 of 4 guys) was out. I like it when work is fairly mellow and I’m left to my own devices. I was pretty productive as I cranked out some more signs for NCMC, a large hospital in Greeley. I suspect I’ll be heading there tomorrow or Monday to install them.
After work, I took a quick detour to Barnes and Noble to pick up the latest (February) issue of Beckett Baseball. This issue is the rookie rolodex, with mini-profiles on all the latest prospects. Now I have to start compiling a wish list of top rookie cards that I want. Sadly though, this will be a difficult year for me as I’ve had to say goodbye to Donruss/Playoff cards. The dumb Major League Baseball Players Association declined to renew Donruss’s contract, figuring that two card companies would be enough. When I first began collecting in the mid-1980s, I focused on Donruss, so seeing them get kicked out of the business makes me feel blue, especially when I know that the MLBPA was dumb to pull their license.
Ok, sorry for the rant there...baseball card collecting just happens to be my favorite (and most expensive) hobby. At any rate, after my bookstore detour, I picked up Melissa at the apartment and headed for the grocery store. I had to sneak around the store and buy gifts for Melissa whilst she filled a prescription. Since I got home so late on Tuesday, I had promised Melissa that I would give her a belated Valentine’s Day dinner. I made her breaded chicken with mozzarella cheese on top. We put this over noodles and smothered the whole thing in my own marinara sauce, loaded with mushrooms, black olives, garlic and tons of herbs. (Let’s just say that I currently have kissably-close breath!) We also had french bread and salad on the side. After dinner, Melissa devoured part of her present–Cadbury Eggs. I also got her a potted plant that has really pretty pinkish-red flowers.
Ok, so much for romance. After dinner Melissa did a very unromantic thing by whooping my tail in Yahtzee. She absolutely dominated me, even though I beat her by 150+ in the last game. Overall, in the games we played, Melissa beat me by an average of 80 points a game. Sad, so sad!
Now it is time for bed. Kitty-cat has just hopped up on the bed to join us. She must be tired after chasing the dice all around the apartment. (I wonder if she thinks we’ve been infested by plastic cube-bugs. I thought she was going to eat all the dice and prevent us from playing Yahtzee.)
Have a blessed day...
Peter
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Peter,
When we were first married Mom and I had game nights and one of the games played was Yahtzee. We keep a running score as well as wins and losses. While the wins and losses were relatively even, Mom had a big lead in total points. It looks like you are headed in the same direction. :-(
Love,
Dad
Hey guys, it's Tim and Regina, and you insipired us to play yahtzee and boy was it pathetic!!! We both scored lower than 100 each time, it was really bad. We have recently gotten hooked on Rummikub, that is a really fun one, so we haven't had much time for yahtzee, it was good to play again, Take care!!
Post a Comment