Tuesday, February 28, 2006

It is the Seabee Life for Me!

Just a quick note to let everyone know that I have unofficially heard about my orders for the Navy. I will be stationed at Port Hueneme, California with Naval Mobile Construction Battalion 4 (popularly known as the Seabees). NMCB 4 is currently in the middle of a sixth month deployment to Okinawa, Japan so I will be joining them there at the end of April (I have to finish up one last bit of chaplain’s school training first). I will return to Port Hueneme in mid-June. In the meantime, Melissa will get to experience her first time away from me while I am on deployment. I think that I will have to get her a dog. On the other hand, what if the dog becomes a better companion than I am? Will a return to find that my "alpha dog" status has been lost to, well, a dog?

If you want to know more about where I will be stationed, check out: http://www.seabee.navy.mil/index.cfm/1503 and http://www.nbvc.navy.mil

I am so excited to know where we’re headed. Finally!

Cheers,
Peter

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Peter,

Congratulations on hearing some news! My dad's in Japan for business at the moment, actually. Don't forget also that Mr. Miyagi was from Okinawa, so maybe you can learn some karate while you're out there.

Speaking of dogs, by the way, check out our new family member: Theodore Huxtable, aka Teddy.

Zach