Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Tuesday with Morrie..er, Peter

I’m sorry that the ol’ blog has been a little sparse this past week. We’ve had a bit of trouble with our wireless networking. Thankfully, despite my best efforts, I have managed to fix the durn thing and we are now once again surfing the world wide web at blazing speeds.

That said, if you are a regular reader of this blog, you haven’t missed much in the last few days. Melissa and I are two boring people. About the only thing exciting that we’ve done of late was our excursion to Denver on Sunday to pick up a coffee table from my grandparents. Whilst at their home we had a nice roast dinner. We also watched the Steelers roast the Broncos for dinner, but we won’t speak of that travesty, for fear of residual indigestion.

So, like other days, today has been quiet. I worked 9.5 hours today at the sign shop, not even taking a lunch break. I went on an install this afternoon at a new research lab at Colorado State University. Because the lab will handle deadly viruses and the like, it has a bunch of air locks and sealed doors. I felt like I was walking around in a space ship. I spent most of my time at the lab in the attic putting little metal signs on the access hatches to the recessed lighting. Because all the ductwork was already installed (and there are lots of ducts for a high-tech lab!) I got to spend two hours crawling over, under and around all sorts of pipes. I also had fun trying to figure out which hatches went with which room. In short, both my brain and my body got a workout!

In the meantime, Melissa spent her day traipsing about Fort Collins picking up more job applications. One place she stopped at was that evil empty calorie store known as Starbucks. If she gets a job there my battle against my waistline might go belly-up!

Now, we’re in the midst of our usual quiet evening of I Love Lucy and The Simpsons. I guess I’d better get back to watching...

Cheers,
Peter

No comments: