Just a quick note today...
I spent my entire day at work driving down to Colorado Springs and back. In between, Dave and I spent four hours putting up signs for the new junior high floor at Classical Academy. We also installed a handful of signs on the high school floor.
The depressing part about putting up signs was not that the students looked younger than ever, but that some of the teachers looked like kids themselves! In fact, I saw a large group of girls having a "book discussion" out in one of the common areas where we were putting up a sign. I had to do a double-take when I heard one of them say, "now class...." I thought she was a student herself. Now, I know that being 25.5 doesn’t make me ancient, but seeing kids wearing letter jackets with 2008 on them (10 years after I graduated) also helps remind me that I’m not getting any younger.
Anyway, that was my day. I was glad that I had several hours to chew the fat with Dave. He has a lot of questions about Christianity and is trying to overcome his Southern Baptist upbringing.
Please keep him in your prayers...
Well, it’s 19:51. Must be time for bed! Boy, am I boring or what?
Cheers,
Peter
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment