Another day, another dollar. Mondays are always a little rough after a lovely weekend off, but I managed to survive this one. I spent the better part of the day working in the engraving department (my old department from the last time I worked at ABC SignWorks). We were pushing to get a job done on time, some 70 odd signs for a private school. I will be heading down to Colorado Springs with another guy tomorrow to put them all up, so tomorrow should be pretty easy.
Of course, maybe getting up and heading off to work wouldn’t have been so bad if I hadn’t stayed up late last night. Like last week, Melissa and I headed over to my parents last night for chocolate malts and popcorn. We played the Farming Game this week, with my Dad winning. I chose (as usual) to specialize in cattle, which meant that I had little chance of winning. No worries though, I sure had fun!
Then we came home and while Melissa read her book, I cruised the internet reading up on all the expert opinions on the football games of this past weekend. Let me just say that the experts needed to eat a little more humble pie given that hardly any of them picked the Broncos to win. (Not that I would know anything about the need to eat humble pie!)
Anyway, now I am watching more I Love Lucy with my beloved wife. She made us scrumptious chicken sandwiches for dinner. They really hit the spot after my post-work run!
Have a blessed Tuesday everyone!
Cheers,
Peter
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What Peter doesn't tell you about the farming game is that we decided to end at 9:30pm, but he insisted that we keep playing until he completed the year. He was hoping for a big payoff on his cattle, but instead received a small payoff. The downside was that it took us an extra 20 minutes to play this last year. The upside was that the rest of us made more money than Peter did the last year. :-)
Peter, why did you have to eat after having malts and popcorn, that was dinner. You will need to ran a couple of extra miles now. :-)
Love,
Dad
Post a Comment