I finally figured out how to end the day fifty degrees warmer than when I started it--hop on a plane in Lansing, MI to Chicago. From there catch a lift to sunny, southern California. Easy as that. Melissa and I landed today at John Wayne Airport after a delightful few days spent in the teens and twenties. It was 69 when we landed at 10:30, with a forecasted high of 72. We hopped on to the parking lot shuttle bus and were greeted by the tinkling notes of ol' Yuletide harmonies. I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas? Hah! California weather makes a mockery out of such songs. I guess I'll have to head over to the craft store and buy some of that flocking stuff if I want to see any snow...
Anway, I digress. Melissa and I are safely back in Yucaipa now after our jaunt to Lansing. I'll be sure to write a full report of the many numerous activities which we managed not to do whilst huddled together like penguins in the Antarctic freeze. (Actually, I wore short sleeves most of the time, much to the consternation of the missus.) For now though, it's time to gather up the kitty and head to bed. The time change is always a killer...
Cheers,
Peter
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
If you listen to the whole song you'll realize that it was written about someone who lives in sunny California who can only dream of a white Christmas! You are in exactly the right place for that particular song.
Post a Comment