Sweet Vindication. While my parents and their foster kids were here for the July 4th weekend, we managed to lose three items. One I found shortly after my family left. It seems that the kids had been playing with Tirzah’s beloved hippo and left it under the bunk-beds in the office. Tirzah thanked me for finding it by wagging her tail. The second item that I lost was my official Navy ballistic oh-so-sexy wraparound sunglasses, complete with prescription glasses insert. The last time I remembered having them in my possession was in my parent’s minivan. However, after traveling cross-country with two munchkins, you can imagine the state of the car—not too clean! We couldn’t find them, even though my parents and I both checked. However, I remained adamant that the sunglasses must be in the car, with my mom as equally adamant that they were not. Imagine my “surprise” when a package from Fort Collins, Colorado showed up with my sunglasses inside. Sweet vindication indeed—I knew I hadn’t really lost them!
Yellow Ducky. Little Miss Sarah Rose has a beloved yellow ducky blanket that she snuggles up with throughout the day, but especially at night when she goes to bed. Sadly, when we left the Navy lodge in San Diego where my family and Melissa’s family had all stayed before my surgery (we did cool stuff in San Diego like visit the USS Midway, a retired carrier), we’d left yellow ducky behind! Crisis! Thankfully, yellow ducky finally arrived in the mail yesterday from the hotel, just in time to keep Sarah company on the drive out here to Yucaipa to Melissa’s parents for the weekend. In the days in between, it has been a struggle getting the little one to fall asleep at night. Moral of the story: never, ever leave ducky behind! In fact, Melissa just ordered two spare duckies to be on the safe side.
An Apology. Some gentle readers with delicate stomachs have remarked that my leg photos post-surgery were not so appetizing. I apologize for the less-than-family-friendly fare and, as a way to make amends, include the following photograph below. Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!
6 comments:
oh I'm so glad the duckie was found!! I should buy back ups of some of the things Jason loses on a regular basis!
LOVE the lamp!!! I watch that movie every year.
I was actually thinking one would look great in our new living room window......
You know you still lost your glasses whether or not they were in the van. Either way you are still a loser. *grin*
Michael
You need to conduct a test to see if Sarah can tell the real ducky (original) from the false duckies (duplicates). If she can then you have wasted your money. If she can not, then you need to rotate them so they wear evenly, like tires.
Love,
Dad
Peter, I love your Dad's advice. Michelle and I both chuckled thinking it would be something my Dad would say.
This is my frist time on, but I wanted to know where did you get lamp,I watch that movie every year.
Sandra, you may find the lamp at http://www.redriderleglamps.com/?gclid=CNin7d3giZUCFSUqagodOnP6qg among other places. Just search for "Christmas Story" leg lamp
Post a Comment