Thursday, July 24, 2008

Knee Update

So, I owe you a knee update. You all will be happy to know that my knee is returning to its normal size, though when I visited the surgeon on Tuesday, she said it could be up to a month more before the swelling subsides completely. In the meantime, I’ve ditched my crutches and am now limping around as if Melissa bashed in my knee during a lover’s quarrel. I’m trying not to put too much weight on it as I did have a micro tear in my MCL and evidence that I had partially torn it before (the doc also cleaned out a lot of excess tissue and fluid).

Since my appointment was on a Tuesday morning at Camp Pendleton, I took Monday off of work and spent the long weekend in Yucaipa with Melissa’s family. They helped me celebrate my birthday one weekend early by stuffing me full of food. I really shouldn’t be eating much now as I’m not exercising as much and am ballooning up in size. Oh well.

When I did return to work I had the distinct pleasure of plowing my way through 14 captain’s masts (the final one is tomorrow morning). We’ve had groups of Seabees get stupid with underage drinking, DUIs and the like and the hammer has come down on them. I really dislike the last few weeks of homeport because it seems like we’re all trying to get our last minute sinning in before pushing out on deployment. Oh well, I guess more sinning equals more work for the chaplain . . . job security!

Oh, before I close this post, I should let you all know that my orders finally popped. I will be officially transferring up to NAS Whidbey Island in October. Now I just need to figure out a place to live up there so that you all can come and visit…

1 comment:

Meli said...

I was shrinking back from the laptop in case there was another picture! Thanks Chaps! Glad to hear that things are getting better.

October eh? That's great!