Melissa and I are having an argument. No worries, we haven’t come to blows over it yet, but she’s being awfully stubborn and refuses to acknowledge the veracity of my position (which, I might add, is typical of my wife). Seeing as how Sarah Rose is thirteen months old, we think it right proper to sing the ABC song to her. However, mommy and daddy disagree on the ending. Whereas Melissa says it is, “now I know my ABCs, won’t you come and sing with me,” I say that it is, “now I know my ABCs, tell me what you think of me.” Please, gentle readers, note that I am not arguing that Melissa’s version is an incorrect ending to the song; rather I am postulating that my ending is equally correct and has as much history and tradition behind it.
Ok, this is a rather odd post for Christmas Eve (but at least I posted)…
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
The correct answer is . . . both! Melissa's ending first, at which point you sing the song again. Then your ending at which point you stop singing. Man, I should get a job as a mediator! ;-P
I have heard it sung both ways myself...
Love, DAD Z.
The only way I've ever heard it is "now I know my ABC's, next time won't you sing with me?" So my position is that you're both wrong and I'm right.
Won't you come and sing w/ me...from Sunny
"Now I know my ABC's, next time won't you sing with me?" ... so I agree with Melia.
My vote goes to Melissa, never heard that ending before Peter, ever... even if I did hear it your way before, I'd still chalk up my vote for Melissa ;-)
Post a Comment