I received one of my all-time favorite pieces of mail today. Our friendly mailman delivered a letter from the city informing him that someone had complained about my yard violating city code, which is odd as I mow it far more frequently than most of my neighbors. I also doesn't keep more dogs than city ordinances allow, nor do I scribble random graffiti art on my house, nor do I keep rusting old RVs parked in my yard, like the three of my closest neighbors do. Maybe I'm just not eccentric enough for the neighborhood and someone finds my boring conformity to be offensive? At any rate, I fired off the email below to the poor beleaguered Mr. Anderson who probably doesn't get paid enough to put up with all the stupid complaints people make. Have a blessed weekend everyone!
Mr. Anderson,
Thank you for your letter dated 18 August 2010 in ref: CCO Case No. 10-051. I must admit that its contents made me smile. I only wished that it rained enough so that my grass could grow to 12" height. As it is, I assure you that I mow my lawn frequently and have never allowed it to become overgrown. That said, I will gladly give your inspectors a tour of our grand estate at their convenience. I can think of no finer waste of their time or our tax dollars.
In all seriousness, I know that you are just doing your job and it saddens me that people are making frivolous complaints and needlessly tying up city resources. If you have any questions, please feel free to call me at xxx.xxx.xxxx or on my cell at xxx.xxx.xxxx.
Have a blessed week.
Very Respectfully,
Peter Ott
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh I laughed when I read this! I think the grass in my BACK yard got to be about 6in before I recently (tried) mowed it. I do hope you follow up with the reply you get. I love a good comedy.
Did he call?
Post a Comment