I had my annual physical today; nothing terribly exciting to report. I am in pretty good health. Obviously, I need to lose some weight (though I am well within Navy standards), but am working on that. The only real concern the doctor had was that I had borderline high blood pressure which I blame on genetics (thanks, Dad!).
Speaking of losing weight, I am settling in to a workout routine. I hit the elliptical at the gym on Monday, Wednesday and Friday (after participating in Sports day with the Seabees on Friday). On Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday I go for a run in the neighborhood. Right now I elliptical for thirty minutes and run for three miles, both pathetic numbers, but I’m thinking about bumping them up a little next week. My knee still hurts some, but I think that it is getting stronger.
Speaking of running, after I did my weekly CNATTU indoc chaplain’s brief the other week, I chatted with the first class who was manning the quarterdeck. His face looked somewhat familiar and his name, though partly obscured by a fold in his jacket, caused me to ask his full name (I could see “barger”). His full name was Lybarger. Turns out he is the older brother of Josh Lybarger, and graduated in 1996 from our rival high school, Fort Colllins High. Though his younger brother was the faster one (ran for
2 comments:
Oh Chaps, you are too funny sometimes!
If your knee still hurts you probably shouldn't be running. Maybe you should try swimming?
I Now Peter, I thought you'd blame the BP on Melissa... B-)
Dad Z.
Post a Comment