1. When I came home for lunch yesterday, I picked up the baby and kicked Melissa out to go vote in the election. She was the second person to show up at the voting place today. I don’t understand why so few people vote in local elections. In many, many, many ways our city/county/state elected officials have way more power over our lives than a president or
2. I’ve been riding my bike to work the past two weeks, something I should have started long ago. When I started to ride, gas was just over $4.00. As of today, it is $4.34 on the base. Uggh!
3. If I were to guess on those who have voted so far on my poll; I’d say that Melissa traded me for Bibles, Melinda for wine, and Benny for crucifixes.
4. Today at work I was supposed to have my LT midterm counseling session with the CO and a few minutes with the XO to go over the monthly wellness brief that I put together for the battalion. Neither happened. On the other hand, I did get to attend another XOI today, this time for a young gentleman who had a domestic disturbance at his on-base housing. On top of him and his wife going at it, our young man was drinking three days shy of being 21. That’s a no-no. On the other hand, he wasn’t doing several lines of coke like the guy we XOI’d yesterday.
5. Oh, Melissa has once again started posting on Baby Sarah’s blog, so feel free to click that link every once-in-a-while to enjoy the munchkin’s escapades.
6. I can’t find my Michael Crawford cd, “On Eagle’s Wings.” This bothers me greatly as I wanted to sing along to his version of “Now the Day is Over” to the baby tonight as a bedtime lullaby. I know that I need to get around to uploading all my music to the computer so that I never need to worry about losing a cd ever again, but I’m too lazy to do so. At any rate, should you be reading this blog at night, I’ve included the words to the hymn below. It really is beautiful and the fourth verse pretty much covers my little family…
Now the day is over,
Night is drawing nigh,
Shadows of the evening
Steal across the sky.
Now the darkness gathers,
Stars begin to peep,
Birds, and beasts and flowers
Soon will be asleep.
Jesus, give the weary
Calm and sweet repose;
With Thy tenderest blessing
May mine eyelids close.
Grant to little children
Visions bright of Thee;
Guard the sailors tossing
On the deep, blue sea.
Comfort those who suffer,
Watching late in pain;
Those who plan some evil
From their sin restrain.
Through the long night watches
May Thine angels spread
Their white wings above me,
Watching round my bed.
When the morning wakens,
Then may I arise
Pure, and fresh, and sinless
In Thy holy eyes.
Glory to the Father,
Glory to the Son,
And to Thee, blest Spirit,
While all ages run.
4 comments:
good thing you aren't a real bettine man Chaps! I went for the crucifixes. I'm pretty much a wine snob these days, so I wasn't sure what I'd be getting honestly, couldn't take the chance!
Sorry Peter, I didn't know what I'd do with the crucifixes, although I'm sure you could give me some creative ideas... So I went with the wine-I'm not going to lie, I'd be just find and dandy with 2-buck Chuck. As long as it comes with good company...
OH Benny!!!! what has happened to you out there adrift in the Pacific Ocean?!? Next thing you are going to say is that you have box wine in your fridge.....
Melinda, who told you about the box wine in the fridge? Not really, but the thought did cross our minds as we spent a Saturday afternoon peeling the labels off the wine bottles so the garbage/recycle man would take them away. "no take label off bottle, bottle stay at end of driveway"
Post a Comment