It was a quiet Tuesday in Lake Woebegone as the natives prepared to leave for the battalion’s field exercise (FEX). I spent the day doing what I usually do as a chaplain, which is to say, nothing. In the morning, I and a few of my favorite NMCB 4ites, had the distinct privilege of presenting a FEX confirmation brief to the commodores of the 30th NCR and the 31st SRG. As always, Cap’n Kate made sure we knew who was in charge. I managed to brief my one oh-so-very-important slide with a great deal of panache and aplomb. After lunch, I returned to the office where I spent my afternoon at executive officer’s inquiry, where our two lucky candidates for the day were up for consideration on (1) DUI charges and (2) being semi-UA for 15 days. Hoorah FOUR!
Back at the home front, Melissa, Sarah Rose, Tirzah and I took our usual afternoon walk before bath and story time. Sarah was a mite fussy getting to bed and has been somewhat of a grouch the past few days. Melissa and I wonder if she is beginning to teeth already. If she is, we’ll see how long Melissa keeps breast feeding her once the little chompers come in—hopefully she won’t be a biter like my sister Naomi!
Anyway, as I said, it was a quiet Tuesday, so I shall end this blog. It’s my 100th post, so it should have been more exciting. Oh well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Peter, where was Guy Noir the whole time? Was he doing the investigation for the XOI?
Post a Comment