Wednesday, August 29, 2007

My Beautiful Family

Ok, I know I have been a horrible blogger. I’ve started one post I don’t know how many times only to never finish it. Perhaps I will post it someday. In the meantime, I received two photographs yesterday from my beloved wife that I want to show off to family and friends. The first is of Melissa at her sister’s wedding. Isn’t she beautiful? She has such a content look on her face--one I'm not sure I would have if I were pregnant! Inside of her is little Sarah Rose who is growing leaps and bounds!

Though I know I am in no way ready to become a dadddy (who is?!), I am so excited about welcoming Sarah Rose into our little family. It will be a lot of fun rediscovering the world through a child's eyes. Though, I suppose that at first, Sarah won't be doing too much beyond eating and pooping. *Sigh* I guess I'll have to limber up the ol' fingers and get them into cloth-diaper changing form. It's been a while since I've had diaper duty...

The second photo is of our beloved dog Tirzah. After romping around in the creek below, she climbed up on a big log over it and fell asleep next to Melissa. You will note that she is wearing a gentle leader which Melissa is training her on—we can’t have Tirzah getting all excited on a walk and pulling her down! As you can see from the first photograph, Melissa’s center-of-balance has shifted somewhat….

Anyway, I just wanted you all to see a little bit of my beautiful family. They make this deployment worthwhile…

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Smiles and hugs from the Whalens!!

Unknown said...

I like the pictures.... Melissa will make a good mother. Especially if she's anything like her Mom. Both are treasures... Tirzah certainly looks content. It was a fun day.

Rose said...

Hello Peter
What a beautiful picture of Melissa and Sarah Rose.
Love from the rest of the Whalens
Rose