Anyway, work continues to go well. This past week was a short one as we didn’t return to work until Wednesday. Nonetheless, because I am the duty chaplain for the base this week, I’ve had some interesting evenings. Each night this week I’ve been awakened for one thing or another. Just this morning, at 0200 I received a phone call from a Seabee in Gulfport, MS who used to be stationed here in California. It seems he needed some relationship advice and the duty chaplain number for Port Hueneme was the only one he had. I bet Dear Abby doesn’t have to give advice at 0200 in the morning!
At least I got to take a nice nap this afternoon in preparation for being well-rested and focused for an afternoon of football. Sadly, I couldn’t find the CSU-CU game on any online radio stations that didn’t cost money, so I’ve been forced to follow it over the internet. At least we are currently winning heading into the 4th quarter. Because OSU-Texas is such a huge game, I should be able to catch that on the radio. Go Rams! Go Buckeyes!
Speaking of OSU-Texas, many of you know that Melissa was silly enough to let me watch last year’s version on our honeymoon, which has led to me receiving a lifetime ban on watching college football when she is around (though the Supreme Court recently announced it would hear my appeal). This year, on our anniversary (Monday) I had no games to worry about so I made her a birthday dinner. Then, on Thursday, her birthday, I took her out to dinner for our anniversary. Makes sense, right? Since I had to work on Thursday I knew I wouldn’t have time to make her dinner which is why we swapped the two occasions. Don’t worry–she received presents on both days! I got her the third season of I Love Lucy for our anniversary and finished off her collection of everyday dishes for her birthday, with the cat and dog giving her a matching vase. So, as it now stands, I think I remain on Melissa’s good side, even though she’s now been putting up with me for 370 days!
Now, to close out this blog so that I can go pay attention to my wife (lest she think herself to be a sports widow) I have included a picture of her opening one of her presents. For your sake, gentle reader, I have not included a picture of myself.Cheers!
2 comments:
Wow! Peter Ott gets high marks for organization. I always knew that the navy would make a man out of you.
I'm joining Mom and Dad and busting out laughing. Thanks for being so concerned for the general welfare and not posting a picture of yourself . . .
Post a Comment