Thursday, May 14, 2009

Probably my worst experience as a fan of sports was the day I took in a game at Fenway. To say that Boston fans are rude, neurotic and crass is to state the obvious. So I won’t! I used to think that the New York Yankees were the evil empire and enjoyed cheering against them. As a baseball fan, I thought it the proper thing to do. However, after attending that game, I’ve taken special delight in cheering against Boston teams, because they are the truly evil ones. (Incidentally, who among us was surprised when Manny Ramirez popped the other day? I think we can officially say that the 2007 [and probably 2004] Red Sox teams had at least two of their biggest sluggers on the juice if not more. [Yes, I am convinced that David Ortiz is also a fraud.]) Anyway, tonight the Boston Red Sox lost a game in 12 innings to the Angels; a game that saw Mr. Ortiz go 0 for 7 and strand 12 baserunners. Then, the Boston Celtics fell apart at the end of game six against the Orlando Magic. Finally, the Boston Bruins lost game seven in overtime to the Carolina Hurricanes. Three losses, two of them in the playoffs, one of them a season ender. . . days like today make me a happy boy!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Here here, death to the evildoers of bosnot!

BennyV said...

Couldn't agree more Peter! Now if the Twins could just figure out a way to beat the Red Sox and the Yankees, I'd be happy.