After one day of fantasy baseball (I know, the season technically started on Monday night) I am in first place. I’ve been keeping track of the games tonight and it looks like I’ll remain on top of the heap again for another day. I do love baseball! So many numbers to play with, statistics galore, pitcher versus batter matchups...
Ok, back to reality. Monday and today were both pretty quiet. The folks heading to Guam left this afternoon, which means only the delayed party for Southwest Asia remains here in Port Hueneme. I must confess that I have been a lazy chaplain as there’s not been much for me to do. I’ve had a few counseling sessions and cleaned out my office. I think I’ll show up to work tomorrow, hang out for a few hours and be home by lunchtime. After all, I still need to pack! I also need to go shopping for those “last minute items,” so maybe I’ll take the missus out for an exciting round of “spend my money,” the new game show sponsored by you, the American taxpayer. (Believe me, my wife thanks all of you for paying my salary. I know that she is going to have fun with it whilst I’m deployed to the sandbox.)
Well, not too much else to say. Melissa and I took a nap this afternoon and aren’t terribly tired, so I think we’re going to play a little Yahtzee.
Goodnight!
Peter
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment