A large portion of our battalion stepped off on deployment yesterday, so it was pretty quiet around the spaces today. I took full advantage of it, making sure that I did (next to) absolutely nothing. I continued to slowly pack up my office, actually bringing home several plastic tubs worth of binders, papers and books that won’t be making the deployment with me. I also took one last shot at editing the battalion’s most recent “Focus on FOUR” familygram before releasing it to the general public. If I can figure it out, a link to it will follow below.
This afternoon Melissa and I gathered with some of the area chaplains and religious program specialists for a quick session of prayer on our behalf. Then, we went out to eat at a local Italian restaurant. The food is decent–I always get cannelloni the main course and cannoli for dessert–the best part of every meal. The best part about the place is that it is rarely crowded, the service is personal (it’s a family business) and it is a bit cheaper than the chain Italian joints.
After dinner, I fully intended to come back to the house and start laying out stuff to bring on deployment, but have instead spent the last few hours cruising the internet for baseball spring training news. In my defense, I did so while talking to one of my former youth in Georgia. I also talked to my sorry brother Michael earlier this evening. He attended a job fair today, but felt that it was a waste of his time. I just hope he has a job when he leaves the Army in July. Otherwise, he’ll start hitting me up for money! (Not that I ever hit him up when I was a poor seminary student....)
Anyway, I suppose I should go to bed and get a decent night’s sleep. I was awaked shortly before midnight last night to respond to a Red Cross message.
Grace and Peace,
Peter
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment